Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Quest for the Perfect Orange Polish with GOSH Peachy

My coworker and I were talking the other day about finding that perfect spring orange nail polish. I had a perfect candidate in mind - I remembered an Essence nail polish I had purchased a year or so ago and LOVED it's bright orange hue. Looking through my stash, I quickly realized it was gone. Now, a true danger of owning so many polish is lending some bottles to people and forgetting what they are, and who they went to! So I was pretty bummed about losing that Essence polish, especially since that shade is now discontinued.

So I did what any sensible beauty addict might do - I went to the drugstore in search of a replacement. 

What I found definitely wasn't "it", but it was close enough for the time being.

GOSH's Peachy shade pull a bit more coral than I wish it did (damn that store lighting) but I quite like it anyway. I found it flattering on my skintone, and thought it wore well enough.


The only really bummer about this polish was that it took three coats to get it to look even. After two coats, I just get annoyed. But if it doesn't bother you like it does me, it really is a lovely summery shade!

Do you like orange polishes? What are you favorites? 

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend! Just a quick note to say thank you to all the people who visit this blog. I mentioned on Twitter today that I just realized I passed my two year blog anniversary a few weeks ago! It didn't even cross my mind! Either way, just wanted to thank you all for visiting, commenting, supporting and reading my blog. You've really made this an amazing experience.

Until next time lovelies!

11 comments:

  1. I find GOSH's polishes kind of lumpy and bumpy...it's a shame since they do some gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this was kind of lumpy indeed. Didn't know all their shades did that. Such a shame, they have nice colors!

      Delete
  2. Have we talked about Peachy before? It was my go-to summer color a couple summers ago! It's not the orange I'm currently on the hunt for, but it is a super fun warm weather shade! & happy 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll find you that orange! Challenge accepted! hahah

      Delete
  3. Nice orange! I find it so hard to pull off an orange nail!

    Just to let you know, I tagged you in my "This or That" post. Would love for you to check it out! Simple Charm Beauty: This or That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Des! Thanks for tagging me I will take a look!

      Orange is totally hard to pull off if you don't have the right shade on. Neons don't look good on my skin tone at all!

      Delete
  4. This is such a pretty shade of polish! I like that it's orange without being crazily bright or bold, but then again, I tend to keep my nail colours pretty minimal :) What a shame it takes three coats to go on, though - I would never be able to sit still long enough not to smudge it!

    Once upon a time, this is about ten years ago, I admit, I went through a serious orange polish phase; my two favourite shades came from The Body Shop and, of all places, The Gap. I don't know if they're around anymore, but it doesn't hurt to look :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I haaaate when polishes take three coats. I'm so impatient!

      I had no idea The Body Shop used to sell nail polish, but I vaguely remember the Gap ones! I don't think either of them are around anymore... not here anyway!

      Delete
  5. Love this colour, it's a shame it takes a few coats to get an even finish though. I went through a bit of an orange polish and lip gloss phase last year and picked up a few different nail colours from Nails Inc and Leighton Denny, which I'm looking forward to wearing again when the weather warms up. I don't really have any peachy oranges like this though, so I may have to pick one up this year. It's a really pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nails Inc has never disappointed me and I LOVE all their bright shades! I've heard so many good things about Leighton Denny, I've really got to try those nail polishes!

      Thanks for the comment Nat! :)

      Delete