Monday, April 15, 2013

Best of: 5 Pinks Great Pink Nail Polishes You Need

I'm not too big on pink polishes. Don't get me wrong, I like pink polishes, but unless they are absolutely amazing, I usually forget about them, give them away, or they wither in the back of my stash. These 5 polishes however truly some of my favorites. All of these were worn several times (hands & feet alike) and have truly stood the test of time since I've had them all for over a year and are still amazing polishes in my eyes.

From left to right: China Glaze Pink Plumeria (reviewed here), OPI Japanese Rose Garden (reviewed here - apologies for my poor photography skills at the time), Butter London Snog (reviewed here), Essie Eternal Optimist (reviewed here - wow, I guess I didn't understand the concept of "natural light" back then) , Deborah Lippmann Pop Life (reviewed here)

Left to right again: China Glaze Pink Plumeria, OPI Japanese Rose Garden, Butter London Snog, Essie Eternal Optimist, Deborah Lippmann Pop Life

Pink Plumeria is one of those colors I had to have as soon as I saw swatches of it online last summer. It's bright, summery, and quite unique in color. I wore this color a lot last summer and plan on wearing it plenty this summer again. OPI's Japanese Rose Garden is one of those muted pinks for when you want to wear something feminine but subtle. Its formula is excellent and the color is so easy to wear. It's especially great for those of you who don't like bright polish. Butter London's Snog is hands down my favorite pink polish ever. It's bright, cheerful, and wearing it just makes me happy. The brush in my bottle of Snog is wonky, but that doesn't stop me from wearing it over and over (especially on my toes!).  It is very similar to Essie's Watermelon in case you are looking for a slightly a cheaper option. Essie's Eternal Optimist was one of those colors I kept seeing at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, unsure of whether I'd like it or not. When I finally took the plunge, I was really happy I did. Eternal Optimist is a great neutral and is a great option for when you're looking for something a little bit more interesting than a nude nail. I've owned Deborah Lippmann's Pop Life for many years now, and when I think of the most classic pink in my collection, Pop Life is definitely it. Pop Life's pink color is clean and vibrant without being neon. I love it and plan to apply it to my toes in the next couple hours!

Of these, my favorites are Pink Plumeria, Snog and Pop Life - perhaps I'm partial to brights even if I'm not a "pink" girl?

I'd love to know what YOUR favorite pink polishes are? List them below!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Annick, Snog looks very pretty! I love a good pink polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are beautiful, especially the DL one, great choices! / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh- all of these pinks are so pretty. I want to try them all!

    star-crossed smile

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of Pink Plumeria, it looks so unique and I love the matte finish! I usually only like light pinks or super bright ones. I just bought a super bright pink by Illamaqua called Collide and it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pink Plumeria is beautiful! It looks a bit matte. Need to find it!

    Simple Charm Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Butter London one looks gorgeous!!!
    I've never tried this brand but everybody seems to like it!
    Have a nice day Annick!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such pretty colors. my go-to favorite is 'watermelon' by poi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pink Plumeria - it was my favorite of that whole collection, I totally get why you love it too :) I also have Snog, which is another top 5 fave (great minds think alike!). I now see that I need Eternal Optimist - I was looking for a nice soft pink and this is it - thanks for the post, Annick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! My favourite pinks are OPI's I'm Indi-a Mood for Love and Mod About You :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these colors! Especially the Pink Plumeria one!

    creamystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours, and I love the first photo! I've been liking pink polish a lot lately too and like you, I'm quite partial to brights. Butter London's Primrose Hill Picnic and Chanel's Rose Insolent are both colours I've been reaching for quite a lot lately. I love the look of Snog and Pop Life, they really are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually don't think I even own five pink shades! Maybe...three? Haha! I am really liking these posts, though :)

    ReplyDelete