Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Finally, the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 06 Rosewood Shimmer

I say finally, because I've been meaning to (re)try the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector for a long long time.

See, the story starts about 4 years ago, when Clarins first came out with the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (or some version of it). I, being a budding beauty addict, decided to purchase this delicious smelling product only to find myself having an allergic reaction to the product. I was so upset because it was one of my favorite products at the time - but my swollen, peeling lips were or the opinion that it just wasn't going to work.

Fast forward to today: my lips are no longer sensitive to products. Sure, once in a while, I get a flare up, but it seems to be simply because my lips are too dry to handle pigmented lip products. And I get the feeling that because I didn't apply much balm 4 years ago, the flare up was probably caused by my lips' dry condition.

So when I was given the opportunity to try out the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in their new shade 06 Rosewood Shimmer, I was really excited to give it another go!




Let me just say it: this product is amazing. I think most of you already suspected this since it is usually well reviewed by beauty bloggers.

For me, the Lip Perfector was very moisturizing. My lips are very finicky and most lipsticks or glosses dry them up. When I applied the Lip Perfector before work in the morning, by lunch time, my lips were soft and moisturized. Usually, I'd be dealing with a dry lips situation at lunch, no matter what product I applied. That gets huge points from me.

I also really like the smell of this balm. It might be too much for some people, but for me, it has a pleasant caramelly scent. And fortunately, it tastes just like what it smells like - not plasticky at all. Not that I eat my lip products or anything, but it's never pleasant to accidentally lick your lips and taste your lip product. You know what I mean.

I chose #06 Rosewood Shimmer of Clarins' newly released shades (the other two are Petal Shimmer and Candy Shimmer) because it seemed like the perfect "my lips but better" shade. My lips aren't very pigmented, so I usually tend to go for beige-nudes when I look for a "my lips but better" lip product. Anything pink just doesn't look natural on me. Well, my predictions were right. This is truly the best looking "my lips but better" I have ever found. See the comparison below!

Rosewood #06, on my hand. From the swatch, you can't tell that there is micro fine shimmer in the gloss. I had to really look for it to find it - it's not visible when applied.

See? It looks so natural!

Of course, this being a non-sticky balm/gloss type product, it doesn't last very long on the lips. I'm not too bothered by this fact because I can re-apply this product easily without a mirror, sitting at my work desk. However, if you absolutely hate to re-apply, this might not be for you.

I'm very happy with this product. Finding a product that doesn't dry up my lips is hard enough, but the Clarins Lip Perfector get bonus points for being my perfect "my lips but better" shade. I know I'll be using this one a lot.

Have you tried the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector? What do you think of it? 

* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

13 comments:

  1. This is the only colour I wanted from the new line -- I didn't realize it was already out! SO EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely perfect shade for you! I still havent tried any of these lip perfectors. i want to though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I haven't tried this before. It's going in my list to try :-) Also, your hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a gorgeous shade. I haven't tried the Clarins lip perfectors yet but they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to own this but I can't remember much about it! I do remember the yummy smell though! Looove how it looks on you, and I WANT YOUR HAIR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the perfect shade, it looks so natural. Reminds me of the sun kiss shade of bareminerals.


    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annick!

    You are right, it's a perfect shade for you! Looks very nice and natural.
    I'm a big fan of those, I have a peach and a pink one. I haven't tried the new shades yet though...
    Have a lovely day! Gros bisous! ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Bella,
    I love your blog, its super nice. Your photos are awesome!!
    I love the Clarins brand... but have never tried these out before. I have been wanting to for a long time too, so I must go and get at it... it looks super pretty on you.
    It is so nice to meet a fellow Canadian blogger... I'm very happy about that.
    I hope that you don't mind, but I starting following you here and on bloglovin as well. I'd love it if you could follow me back, it would mean the world to me.
    Wishing you a really wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love,
    Shelley
    xXx
    www.agelesssecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty color! Perfect for spring :D

    http://www.nadirapermata.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. eeee! this is gorgeous on you! :) I want to try one of these and i need to go look at the shades in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just swatched this shade in-store Monday and it's totally on my wishlist now! I absolutely ADORE the scent, it's so hydrating, and the color is great - natural but gorgeous! I'm so happy you were able to give this a go again without issue this time Annick :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got the sample size of the #3 and it's perfect! One of the few products that I actually got sucked in to wanting to buy the full version.

    ReplyDelete