Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Maybelline's ColorSensational Vivid in Vivid Mandarin

I've been obsessed with orange this spring. Blazers, shoes, lips, blush, nails - I'm loving the bright and cheerful color! So it felt natural picking up Maybelline's Vivid Mandarin lipstick to update my makeup wardrobe for spring!

Fair warning: this baby is BRIGHT.

The Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids has been causing quite a stir among us beauty lovers. They promise to deliver intense color, while still nourishing your lips with honey nectar.

Swatched on my hand.


I like this lipstick! For the price, you really cannot find anything like it. However, I do find the lipstick a bit drying. Perhaps it was only because my lips were dry when I wore it, butI found the lipstick to wear well, yet suck the moisture out of my lips. It was very creamy upon application though!

Even if it's a bit drying, I definitely recommend Vivid Mandarin, especially if you're, like me, looking to update your makeup bag for spring on the cheap. I haven't tried the other colors from the new Maybelline Vivid line, but if orange isn't your thing, you might want to try any of the other amazing looking shades!


17 comments:

  1. I love this color, and it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuum yes!! I just lost my favourite orange lippie so this is my next buy for sure - thank you so much for the great review and for leading me to my next beauty buy!

    Alex xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sexy orange! You wear it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's perfect for spring and on your lips it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness! That is incredibly bright, but looks amazing on you. You carry the orange beautifully. I keep passing over these in the display because it looks a bit intimidating, but maybe with the right color I may pass it off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW that is intense...intensely PERFECT on you--HA! :P But really, that is a stunning color. It makes me really wish that I wore lipstick!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. :O wow, that colour payoff!! and it looks uber vibrant :O it suits your complexion so well Annick, I have to swatch this one, normally the formulation won't work for my very dry lips but that colour!! / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make orange sexy! It's sizzling hot and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zing! What a great shade Annick! It looks excellent with your skintone. I keep looking and looking at these, but I'm not really a fan of the packaging so I haven't gone full-in yet. It still could happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha zing! Thanks Toyarosie! :) Packaging sucks, I'll give you that, but the inside is what counts! ;)

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous colour! I love orange and coral-hued lipsticks for summer and I love that this one delivers on its promise of brightness. I'm officially adding it to my wishlist :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is super bright, but absolutely gorgeous! I've been a bit obsessed with orange lately too, but I normally stick with sheer glosses because I'm not brave for brighter shades like these. I'm kinda tempted to give a more pigmented lippie a go though, as this looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh i love a bright lip hue! i'm always on the look-out for a new one to pick up. thanks for the heads up!

    xoxo linds
    my style blog :: Ruby Girl

    ReplyDelete