Sunday, April 7, 2013

March Favorites!

This is a bit late but I'm really excited to shade my March favorites with you! I don't always do monthly favorites, mostly because I have a short makeup attention span and don't stick to specific products, but March was different!


1. I seriously cannot rave enough about the Shu Uemura Glow on Blush in M Pink 31. There's something so easy about wearing this blush - I barely have to blend it in, and it suits every type of makeup from smokey eye to natural face.

2. I've recently been loving an easy, run out the door, lip. Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in Boy is the perfect shade to slap and go. It's pink, shiny and natural. The only slight negative to it is the smell - I don't really like the rosey scent of the Rouge Coco Shine. Nevertheless, this has been a March favorite - I might actually finish the tube at this rate!

3. After I stopped poking myself in the eye with the Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume mascara, I really started to like it. I don't know if it's just because I've started being clumsy in life generally (seriously, I've broken a blender, a candle and a bowl in the past few months) but when I first got this mascara, I kept poking the wand in my eye! And it freaking hurt! After I got used to it (the wand, not the poking), I started to realize how good this mascara is. It reminds me a lot of the Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash mascara which I love, but less clumpy. The formula isn't too liquid, and it really coats the lashes. Love!

4. While this month I've run so late for work I haven't had a chance to put on eyeshadow, the times that I've had a chance, I've really enjoyed the NARS Small Dome Brush 12. This brush is super soft and blends like a dream. For people who do not have a lot of lid space like me, it is perfect for plotting out my crease. Sometimes I find the MAC 217 is a bit too big for my lids and works better for blending out the edges of your eye makeup. I highly recommend the NARS Small Dome Brush for the gals out there like me that need something more precise than the 217 for the crease!

5. NARS Dolce Vita is just one of those perfect lipsticks. I've had this lipstick in my bag all month and have loved wearing it. I love how this lipstick feels polished, but not obvious. And how it's glossy but not shimmery. And I love that it doesn't dry out my lips. One of my best NARS purchases right there.

6. March has been the month of the Bourgeois Healthy Mix foundation as it is now empty! I've really liked wearing this foundation - while I do need a powder to make this last all day, it really an amazing lightweight foundation. I don't think I'll be repurchasing it right away (especially since it wears best on me in the winter months) but this is a winner in my books.

7. When I first got my MAC 129, I was a bit disappointed. The brush hairs felt rough, and it just didn't blend as well as I would have liked. After a few washes, the bristles have softened and I'm really enjoying it! I've been reaching for this all month over my Real Techniques brushes. Glad this wasn't a bust after all!

8. A new discovery this month has been the Hydraluron Moisture Booster. Because Caroline Hirons knows how to talk about skincare and I don't, go read her post about this product. I must say, I'm really really happy with it. Acne scarring on my cheek was gone in half the time it would usually take to fade. Good news for us Canadian girls, Shoppers Drug Mart now carries it!

Thanks for ready my March favorites! Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. My Boy Coco Shine is also disappearing really fast! I'm excited to fully finish a lip product =)

    I'm waiting for my 129 to wear down, I really love the shape. I also have the 116, that's also nice for blush/bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy seems to be a blogger favorite! Yay for finishing a product! :)

      Delete
  2. Great favourites, Annick! I've had Boy on my wishlist for quite a while, but always end up choosing one of the more pigmented options from the colour range when it comes to actually purchasing. The Hydraluron Moisture Booster sounds like really good stuff. I've been looking at Hyaluronic acid serums recently because my skins been a bit hydrated, but some of them are ridiculously expensive. Might pick up a tube of this on my next boots trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see Boy suiting your pale complexion really well! :)

      Hydraluron is really an excellent (and semi-cheap by comparison) option! Let me know what you think if you do try it! :)

      Delete
  3. My MAC129 is scratchy too. Maybe I should use it more often to see if the hair will soften...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And wash it a few times with baby shampoo - it definitely softens :)

      Delete
  4. Boy is one of my all time favorite lipsticks! It's so pretty and feminine! <33 Great post hun! :)

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dolce Vita, too! It's such a beautiful flattering and EASY color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Dolce Vita is all that in a lipstick! :P

      Delete
  6. I just ordered the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (it's $17 on ASOS versus $27+ tax at Shoppers) and am hoping for the best since I tested it before and didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really curious what you'll think of it. Some people love it, others hate it. And yes, it's MUCH cheaper on Asos - good find! If you have combination/dry skin, I think it'll work for you. It works on my oily skin as well, but it definitely leaves me a bit shiny (which I don't mind).

      Delete
  7. Huh...I bought the MAC 109 brush a while back and when I got home and felt the rough bristles, I immediately repacked it to return. Maybe I should have washed it and used it a few times before deciding :P I just had heard so many good things but when I felt the stiff, rough bristles, I was VERY disappointed. I've used MAC eyeshadow brushes that I was happy with but the 109 was my first face/cheek brush from the brand and I was not impressed. I am curious about the 129 now though--may have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great list Annick! Makes me want to try the Healthy Mix, Dolce Vita, and the #129 even more than I already did :D Good to hear the bristles of the brush softened up!

    ReplyDelete