Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A few products I'm trying out at the moment...

Cover FX Matte Foundation Primer & Anti-Acne Treatment - I don't know how I feel about this guy yet. It does help my skin look smoother before foundation but I don't see a huge difference in staying power. I kind of feel better putting that one considering it's supposed to help acne. I heard about this product from Glitter Geek here. The price of this tiny little bottle is outrageous - $20 CAD and very little product. I probably won't repurchase unless I see a miracle happen.

MAC 217 - I don't know how I did my makeup before that brush. Plain and simple. I love it. I use it daily. I highly recommend the brush to anyone who is starting out in makeup. It will make things much easier. However, if you have very little eyelid space, this might not be for you as the brush might be a bit too big. It's dirty in the picture, sorry.



Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Covet - To be honest, I'm disappointed in this product. I got it in a blog sale (along with Electric - which is going to my sister, Lucky and Lust). Maybe it's just because I'm not used to the extremely creamy eyeliners but I find this so hard to apply. I'm used to MAC liners (not the automatic ones) or Estee Lauder liners which are harder. I'm not writing this product off yet - I'm still testing it. Maybe I'll like them better as an eyeshadow base?

MAC Eyeshadow in Hush - Again, blog sale purchase (what a wonder those are!). This shadow was a surprise. I didn't expect to like it from looking in the pan but it has a gorgeous duochrome. I'll call it a mini-duochrome because it's not that visible. But it's a peachy, pinky, beige-ish shade. Great for the inner eye corner as well as all over the lid as base wash. I find it brightens up the eye area beautifully.

MAC Brush Cleaner - I'm happily surprised by this product. All the reviews I've read said that it uses up fast. I've had it for a few months and it's only a quarter down. Maybe it's the way I use it - I don't dip my brushes (I'll wash them with soap if they need serious cleaning) but I use it for spot cleaning brushes. Or when I need the same brush but a different eyeshadow color. It smells good, cleans well and dries fast. Bravo MAC Brush Cleaner - I'll be repurchasing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment