Wednesday, March 23, 2011

5 Favorite MAC eyeshadows... so far.

I'm home sick with a cold. What better way to spend the day than blogging.

Yesterday, I discovered the MAC eyeshadow Texture. I never ever though that an orange tinted brown would be my thing but I was completely wrong. It brings out my eyecolor so much but you can't see it in the picture.



My eye isn't actually that droppy. But here I've used Texture on the lid, Mulch in the crease and outer corner, Coffee eye pencil on the waterline and Powersurge on the undereye. Oh and I can't remember which mascara - it's either Rimmel Sexy Curves or Maybelline Collosal.

Anyway, in no particular order:

Texture:


It's a beautiful brown-orange shadow that's extremely easy to blend. I got it from a blog sale (pretty much only because it was cheap) and was like, meh, when I saw it. I decided to try it on my lid the other day and totally fell in love. For you blue-eyed girls, this is a shadow for you. I love blending it with a warmer brown toned shadow. Gorgeous!

Satin Taupe:


I had to put this shadow in here. It totally lives up to the hype in my opinion. It's a taupey, shimmery shade with some plum in it. I love it. It's so easy to do a smokey eye with this shadow. If I'm in a hurry, I'll put this all over the lid and line my eyes with a black eye pencil. Super simple and really sexy. The only downside to this shadow is that I feel like the intensity disappears during the day, even with a base.

Club:


People either love this shadow or hate it. I personally love it. It's a dark cool brown shade with green duochrome. I'm not a fan of green shadow at all but this eyeshadow is an exception. It's so easy to use but can blend a little patchy if you're not careful. I often use this on its own with a black eye pencil. You can basically only see green in the picture but trust me, it's also brown. My friend who has green eyes swears by this shadow - it looks great on her.

Mulch:

This shadow is one of my go to for the crease and outer corner. It's a gorgeous shimmery dark brown shade. I prefer it to Bronze because it's more intense. Again, blue-eyed girls, you need this.

And lastly, Patina:


Patina is stunning. And I find the picture represents the colors well - a light neutral brown with shimmer. It's excellent as a lid color and it pairs up with pretty much any crease/outer corner colors. I love this shade for a natural look.

Swatches:

From left to right: Texture, Patina, Mulch, Satin Taupe and Club (you can't really see much of the duochrome, sorry).

So these are my 5 favorite shades of the moment - they often switch around. I have a few others that I like including Handwritten, Omega, Shale... And I'm sure I'll be discovering other shades as well! I'm currently trying to get my hands on Magnetic Fields. Seems like a color I'd like based on my favorites eh?

Rant of the day:
Does anyone else find religious decorations in the workplace offensive? I grew up Catholic so I'm familiar with Easter and all that. But I find that decorations for holidays in the workplace isn't appropriate. You can't assume that everyone in the office celebrates the holiday you celebrate. What if I were Jewish and I didn't want to see all the Christmas decorations around my workplace? I don't like the fact of imposing religious holidays. It bothers me. Plus, Easter bunnies and baskets are tacky. But that's just me whining about a mustached woman at my work whom I do not like.

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get Satin Taupe & Patina! They're both such lovely colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Absolutely! I really consider them basics because they honestly go with pretty much any other shadow color. And they are really nice on their own as well. Definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete