Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in N27 review + swatches!

I think we all know at this point that I have a slight addiction to Make Up For Ever products. To me, they are a better, more diverse and artistic version of MAC. I also really like their marketing - no fluff, or gimmicks - their brand is simply about the makeup. And they don't come out with collections every 2 months. I like not feeling like I have to buy limited edition products all the time!

Anyway, on to the review!

Make Up For Ever's Rouge Artist Natural in N27 is a sheer plummy/pink lipstick. When you look at the color of the bullet, it looks like it will be pigmented, but it is actually sheer and lightweight. The lipstick claims to be moisturizing, and I have to agree. I find that sheer lipsticks often dry my lips out, especially if they are leaning towards a stain, but didn't find this to be the case with the Rouge Artist Natural. While I'm usually uncomfortable re-applying lipstick because of dryness, this lipstick is a joy to reapply, and feels just like a balm. Actually, the formula reminds me of a more moisturizing Rouge Coco Shine from Chanel.



On Annick's lips.
Left to right: Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, Make Up For Ever N27 Rouge Artist Natural, MAC Lustering.

As you can see, it leans towards my plummier/pink lipsticks, but is sheerer, and pinker. If you're looking for more pigmented lipstick, this isn't for you. What I like about the branding of this product is that is it quite clear that it is "natural" lipstick. Make Up For Ever also carries a Rouge Artist Intense lipstick line, which is meant to be pigmented, and I'll definitely be interested in trying those in the future. The price point of this lipstick is $22 in Canada, which is significantly lower than most high end lipsticks. It's always a pleasant surprise walking into Sephora and seeing the Make Up For Ever price range. Seeing some of the other prices in Sephora are disappointing. Benefit and Bare Minerals are extremely over priced in my opinion. Especially Benefit.

Enough with the ramble! Bottom line, Make Up For Ever is refreshing to me, both for aesthetic, simplicity and price point reasons. Go swatch some of their stuff and see for yourself! And the Rouge Artist Natural line is awesome if you're into the sheer lip sort of thing.

It's Tuesday and my week is already too long. This ramble is caused by exhaustion, so my sincere apologies are being sent your way if this was unreadable.

Until next time amigos! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment