Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall look with OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet + Sleek Sunset palette

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing how fall is wonderful, and how beautiful the trees are. But seriously, I love fall. First off, it's the season of my birthday (it was two days ago!) AND the trees ARE beautiful. You can't deny that! So I got inspired by Sleek's Sunset palette and created a fall look. It's quite a bright and fun look, and is super easy!

My sister is getting married tomorrow! So I thought I'd slip in this post before all madness ensues. I'm so excited for her!

I recently purchased an OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet when I saw that my local Sephora started carrying them. I thought it might be fun to try a bright lips + bright eyes combo with it!




Face:
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
- MAC Moisturecover on blemishes in NW 20
- MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW15 under my eyes
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush in Audacious Plum
- Jemma Kidd Dewy Glow in Iced Gold

Eyes:
- Marcelle Accent Eyebrow Crayon in Brun Tendre
- Make Up For Ever Eye Prime
- Sleek Sunset palette on eyes (#7 all over lid, #2 in crease, #10 inner corner, #1 black at the lashline). For reference on these numbers, check out my review here.
- MAC Teddy Eye Khol in waterline
- Annabelle Le Big Show mascara

Lips:
- OCC Lip Tar in Strumpet


And here's a swatch on my hand:

The OCC Lip Tar wore amazingly! No flaking, no budging. It wore for 5 hours, which included lots of water drinking, and eating. Plus, it left a significant stain as it wore off. And I loved how lightweight it felt on my lips - it didn't feel like I had anything at all on my lips! It's a winner in my books!

Are you inspired by fall with your makeup? Do you change your routine with the seasons?

10 comments:

  1. I bought a Lip Tar too, but haven't received it yet! I can't wait :)

    Strumpet looks like MAC Love Goddess in your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I'm sure you'll love them! For such a lightweight product, I'm very happy with how long it wore! What color did you get?

      Does it? Shoot, I don't have it to compare. I added a swatch on my hand that I forgot about - glad you made me think of it! I think it looks a bit like MAC Rebel but a bit lighter :)

      Delete
  2. I got Anime! :)

    Rebel, really? I will check your pics again at home, I think the colors on my screen here need to me adjusted. Love Goddess is pinky red, not similar to Rebel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty lip colour! I am loving bright lips lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that lip tar sounds amazing! I'll definitely have to check those out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally wanting to try another one. They are amazing!

      Delete
  5. Hi Annick, First of all, Happy Birthday!!! I hope it was a wonderful one :) Secondly, I think Strumpet looks stunning on you, especially with the sunset eye and the mahogany tones in your hair. I haven't tried the new OCC packaging yet, but I'm so glad to see that it comes with a brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Dovey! :)

      I'm glad it came with a brush too - I don't even own a lip brush! And the brush is quite good too :)

      Delete
  6. Stunning. Love your photography style too xx

    ReplyDelete