Monday, October 8, 2012

Clarins Joli Rouge in #712 Baby Rose

Lucky for me, I have a Clarins counter literally 2 minutes from my home, which is extremely convenient when I need a quick beauty pick me up. I'm already a fan of Clarins, so it was easy for me to pick out a soft pink from their Joli Rouge range. I left with #712 Baby Rose, a neutral light blue-based pink. 

 I really love the packaging of the Joli Rouge. It's weighty and compact. Plus, it's shiny!

Swatched, on my hand.

Applied on my lips. I find the color quite flattering on my skintone! Plus, it looks great with a smokey eye.

Left to right: Korres Liquid Lipstick #13, Clarins #712 Baby Rose, MAC Creme Cup

I decided to swatch my lipsticks for fun to see if I had any matches. MAC's Creme Cup is obviously the contender but Clarins' Baby Rose is significantly more moisturizing.

I think this may become my go-to every day lipstick! It's smells delicious, doesn't dry my lips out, and can basically be applied without a mirror. It's not long wearing, but I think that's the compromise I make with lipsticks when I don't want them to dry my lips out!

Do you have a go-to, no fail, goes with everything lipstick?

4 comments:

  1. Love this colour Annick! Another 'nude' pink colour I really like. So soft and wearable. Clarins is so underrated, I enjoy the smell as well <3 / Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone else likes the smell too! Totally love it! :) Thanks for the comment Claire!

      Delete
  2. Oh that is a nice shade! I'll have to give this a try! I always forget to check out the clarins counters, so i'm glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to overlook Clarins, but they really do have good products :)

      Delete