Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wedding makeup with Make Up For Ever's Aqua Rouge in #9!

As some of you may know, my little sister is getting married this October. When I heard of Make Up For Ever's new Aqua Rouge makeup line, the first thing I thought of was "oooh, wedding lipstick!". Since it's a long wearing, waterproof, budge proof lipstick, it made sense to me to try it out for a wedding look! Make Up For Ever offered for me to pick out a color for my sister, and while they thought I would like a soft pink, which is standard for wedding makeup, I knew my sister would want a dark reddish color. She's quite vampy with her lips! I settled on color #9, a dark, rusty red.

The lipstick has a liquid lipstick end, and a gloss end. We used the liquid lipstick only as we thought the gloss wouldn't appropriate for a wedding. Plus, the lipstick is no longer transfer-proof if you use the gloss, which would be a disastrous thing on your new husband. The lipstick applies beautifully, and is truly waterproof, budge-proof and long lasting. My sister said that she only saw a bit of fading on the inside of her lips after eating. It did not cause any of the pesky flaking these types of lipsticks usually create.


Makeup breakdown:
Foundation: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + mixed with Bourgeois Healthy Mix Serum in 52 Vanille
Eyebrows: My sister's Gosh eyebrow pencil + MAC Omega
Eyes: Make Up For Ever Eye Prime, Dior Earth Tone Quint - we used the beige/taupe shade all over the lid, then we used the Dior Aurora Palette's dark brown in the crease, Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner pencil in black, Pixi nude eyeliner in the waterline, L'Oreal Million Lashes mascara, Ardell 308 lashes.
Cheeks: NARS Laguna Bronzer, Tarte Exposed blush, MAC Lightscapade as highlighter.
Lips: Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge in #9*

I think this makeup look totally works for a wedding! I'm not sure that my sister will necessarily go for a look like this, but it's fun to get an idea before the big day!

What would your wedding make up look like? Or what did it look like? I don't know what I'd like but I'm not sure I'd go for red lips - my boy would probably make another Joker reference.

Hope your week has been going well! My sister's bachelorette is this weekend and preparations are under way!



* I have received this products for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.



2 comments:

  1. That dark look is such a great look for a wedding! There is so little color on the bride usually, and this really spices it up! Are you just getting an idea for colors, then having a professional Bridal Make Up artist do the work on the big day? I have had friends with mixed results from pro's and doing it themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would do it myself, if I could manage to figure out a good look and do it well on myself... :) Congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete