Thursday, September 20, 2012

After three years with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I'm breaking up for Make Up For Ever Eye Prime

It's kind of sad when you've used a product for what seems like forever, are quite content with it, and then you wander off to try something different and completely fall in love with the new product. Well, this is what happened with my trusty Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I broke up with it. I feel bad letting it go but it's for a good reason.

I was starting to get a bit disenchanted with the Too Faced Shadow Insurance - it wasn't making my shadow last all day anymore and it kept separating. I'm not sure if it's because it just got a bit old (that tube has lasted me forever!) but I thought it might be time to wander around and shop for another eye primer.

Since I now have (relative, 1+ hour drive) access to Make Up For Ever and just read a very favorable review of their Eye Prime on Temptalia, I thought I'd give it a shot!

Heavily applied on my hand. You need maybe a third of this for one eyelid.

I love this stuff. It blends in seamlessly and its doe foot applicator dispenses the perfect amount for my two lids. It doesn't have a scent and it is undetectable after blended in. I guess I do wonder if it'll dry out after a while since it's in a tube, but for now, I'm very happy with it.


MAC's Shale over Eye Prime left, Shale on its own on the right.

I tested it under MAC's Shale eyeshadow and surprisingly, I noticed the Eye Prime slightly altered the color. Shale looks lighter and more shimmery with the Eye Prime. I haven't noticed a difference in color using shadows on my lids, so I'm not sure it's too detectable, but it's worth knowing.

This product works wonders for my oily lids. Not only does the shadow stay in place all day, it does not crease, and does not fade either. That's honestly a first for me. It makes me excited to put on shadow in the mornings!

Hope this was helpful for you guys. If you have oily lids and are looking for a good primer, I highly suggest the Make Up For Ever Eye Prime. I think this will be a staple in my collection for a good long time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, even in your swatch it looks much creamier than UDPP! Thanks for the review, can't wait to play with it in Sephora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - now I want to try this! Great review!

    ReplyDelete