Saturday, September 15, 2012

China Glaze Nail Appliqué in Shake Your Tail Feathers

When I was offered to review China Glaze's new Real Nail Polish Appliqués* by Nail Polish Canada, my trusty polish supplier, I jumped at the chance. What's not to love? No dry time, quickly done manicure, and funky designs. Did I mention no dry time?

Anyway, I chose the Shake Your Tail Feathers design since I loved the color and swirls.

Applying these is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. You simply peel off the sticker off the back of the "app" and place it on your nail, where your cuticle is, making sure the base is sticking and not to creating any ridges in the process. Then, you gently pull the "app" over the edge of the nail, gently filing off any excess. And voila!


Having never tried these before, I messed up a few nails. Honestly, it's not very obvious that the "app" wasn't applied properly because of the pattern in the design - it kindly hides any mistakes. However, since my nails are so wide AND curved, the "app" was not wide enough to cover my whole nail, specifically, the middle finger and ring finger. The advantage of this however is that people who naturally have very small nails, and don't really get to enjoy the fun of nail art because of their small nails, can definitely revel in these. I've seen them applied on small nails and it looked great! And a lot of them have great patterns that would look amazing on short nails!

I think I did make a mistake with these - I used Seche Vite as a top coat and I think it caused the edges to curl. Seche Vite is meant to help your polish dry and since this polish is already dry, I think it messed with it a little. So, I'd suggest NOT using Seche Vite as a top coat over it. However, I wore them for a few days anyway and had no problem with them falling off - the edges were a bit curled though.

Overall, I'd only suggest these if you don't have a wide nail plate like mine and if you like pattern or design on your nails. However, the fact that there is no dry time is awesome, and the application is very simple and easy! So go for it if this sounds like something you'd like, but do NOT use Seche Vite! Ha ha ha! The China Glaze Nail Appliqué are available on Nail Polish Canada.

* I have received these products for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment