Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nail of the day: Victoria by Nails Inc!

Let me present to you one of my favorite polish EVER. Pretty much. Well, it's hard to decide in reality, but this one is very high on the list.

Nails Inc. Victoria is a vampy chocolate red. I just love the color. It's vampy without being too dark, and it's classy without being too red. I love the look of it on shorter nails. I can see myself re-wearing this shade over and over. I believe I only have one other similar shade and it is out on loan to my friend. So, Victoria, I believe we are going to be friends.


I must say, Nails Inc. keeps impressing me. I don't know if it's just me, but Nails Inc. has the best long-wearing formula in my opinion. After a week's worth of sporting Victoria, I only had minimal tip wear, and almost no chips. That never happens to me considering I'm a compulsive cuticle picker. I wish my local Sephora carried a better variety of shades though.

Movie of the week: Son of Rambow. Seriously, this is the best movie I've seen in a long time. I don't know what it is about twisted coming-of-age movies, but they always get to me and pull at my heartstrings. Little Miss Sunshine, Pan's Labyrinth and Moonrise Kingdom are among my favorites. Son of Rambow follows the story of Will, a young boy member of the Plymouth Brethren movement, who sees a movie for the first time: Rambo. Having never been allowed to watch TV and living a very sheltered life, the experience wakens his imagination. Will and his friend decide to make a movie to enter the Screen Test Youth Film Competition. This story is amazingly heartfelt and true to life. Bonus: Ed Westwick is in the movie.

4 comments:

  1. Oh it's super pretty! I only own Baker Street by Nails Inc and if I remember right the wear was really good on that one as well - maybe I should invest in more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you deserve to be mentioned :)

    http://aucupariabrumalis.wordpress.com/2012/09/06/liebster-award/

    ~ Claire ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Claire! I'm excited to do the tag!! :)

      Delete