Wednesday, September 26, 2012

When in doubt about a product... try it anyway! My venture into the YSL Glossy Stain!

When I first heard about the YSL Glossy Stains, I wasn't immediately impressed. I'm not really a fan of stains as they tend to dry out my lips, and they almost never look even on me. Sure they look cool when swatched, and sure people were raving about the formula but I just didn't buy it. Until now that is.

After reading ChelseaWears' review, I decided enough is enough, I just had to find out for myself if it's good or not. I chose the shade #5 in Rouge Vintage.


I'm on the fence about the packaging. On one hand, it's compact and stylish, but on the other, it looks like a nail polish bottle (hence the "Vernis" in the title which is French for "polish"). Either way, it doesn't affect the product, and the heart/doe-foot applicator is excellent and makes application super easy.

Here it is with two coats.

And full face, with one thick coat:

The thing I like the most about this product is how easily it applies. Yes, it's a stain but it covers your lips evenly without having to try too hard. I also love the glossy finish of it. It feels very much like the love baby of a stain, lipstick and gloss. It does have a scent to it, but it doesn't bother me at all. I quite like it actually. Plus, it is really easy to layer. Example below:

Left to right: 1 coat of Rouge Vintage, 2 coat of Rouge Vintage, 3 coats of Rouge Vintage. Each coat was applied after a 30 second wait.

So I guess I do recommend this product. If you can afford it. They are not cheap. But if you're into cosmetics, I can guarantee you that you haven't seen a product quite like this before.

Thank you for reading and see you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment