Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sigma - Worth the Hype? Aye or Nay?

Well lemme tell ya - so far, so awesome.

Let's be fair though, I did read reviews thoroughly on the interwebs to make sure I was getting the best options Sigma offered. Many many beauty bloggers raved about the Flat-Top Synthetic Kabuki F80. I LOVE this brush. It makes such a HUGE difference in applying liquid-type foundations (MAC Face & Body in my case) for a light airbrushed finish. I'm never ever going back to my regular foundation brushes. It even works for my Estee Lauder Double Wear which I find regular foundation brushes makes it look caked - the F80 totally buffs the product in. Just be careful to wash it often because it will hold bacteria/foundation in the middle of the brush.


The F35 has given me a bit of grief with shedding but only a couple of hairs in the last three days. I love that it is tapered. I used it for contouring and might use it in the future for highlighting. I'd recommend this brush but if shedding is something that REALLY bothers you, maybe you should reconsider.

The famous E25 is said to be a dupe of the MAC 217 and I must say I quite agree. I personally do not see much of a difference between the two brushes. The one tiny thing I found was that the 217 was stiffer than the E25. Fine by me though. And plus, Sigma sent me a sample E25! Now I've got two of them. I shall be using the sample size one (pictured above with the gray handle) for traveling. The brush is very good at spreading the shadow while blending it in. I do find that since it is not as stiff as the 217, it takes a bit longer to blend it in perfectly. Still, great value for the price.

I've been looking for a great gel eyeliner brush for a while - let me tell you that the E05 is perfect. It's stiff enough to hold its shape but has enough flexibility to give you a smooth line. However, if you're the kind of person who likes a very thin gel liner, maybe you should go with the E10 instead.

Overall, I'm very happy with my Sigma purchases. I definitely recommend all these brushes if you're looking for affordable quality brushes. Plus, there are always codes floating around the internet for 10% or 20% off AND they ship to Canada for cheap (my order was only $5).

No comments:

Post a Comment