Thursday, January 28, 2016

Too Faced Love Flush Blush Wardrobe Palette Review


A blush palette, guys. I just couldn't say no. If you're a bit of a beauty addict like me, you know these don't come around too often. Nars do them a few times a year, and Urban Decay just came out with one. But at a  C$45 price point, this palette is a steal compared to those two.

Let's take a moment to acknowledge the packaging. To be completely honest, I hate it. It's really not my style at all - if I had it my way, all makeup packaging would be simple and black à la Lorac Pro Palette. But obviously, this style is suited to some as its been getting rave reviews. To each their own. And packaging obviously doesn't affect the product inside, so it's a small gripe.

For all the complaining I'm doing about the look of the packaging, the palette is sturdy, easy to store, and slim. So it's very functional!


The palette comes with 6 shades. In fact, those 6 shades are the only 6 shades available of their Love Flush Long Lasting 16-Hour Blush - how cool is it that you get to try all of them in one compact palette!?


The pans are quite small. So if you're used to dipping a large fluffy brush to apply blush, you might find this inconvenient. I use my now discontinued Nars blush brush and it fits perfectly so it's not a problem for me.


The shades are (with Sephora shade descriptions):
Love Hangover - Warm Pink
Baby Love - Soft Dusty Nude with Gold Sparkle
I Will Always Love You - Gilded Peach
How Deep is Your Love - Watermelon Pink
Justify My Love - Bright Pink with Fine Gold Sparkle
Your Love is King - Plummy Rose

The swatches look a bit muted, but these blushes pack a serious punch on the cheek. A tiny amount is plenty - these are very pigmented. The blushes are very blendable and look smooth on the cheek. I'm not usually much of a fan of shimmery blush because I find it can emphasize pores on my skin, but the shimmery blushes in this palette look amazing on. The shimmer is subtle enough to not be too visible, but give a light glow to the skin.


My faves? Baby Love and Your Love is King. Baby Love is the perfect light flush of color to add with a heavier eye look. And I've been wearing Your Love is King pretty much non stop with a perfected skin/no eye makeup look with lots of mascara. It gives my cheeks a pretty, healthy flush of color. I absolutely love it. Love Hangover is also a lovely coral/pink shade that goes with anything. Honestly, all the shades are amazing, you really can't go wrong with any of them.

If you can get your hands on this (it's sold out right now on the Canadian Sephora website) I definitely recommend this palette. I'm quite picky when it comes to blush and these are simply lovely. The amazing thing about this palette is that since these blushes are part of the permanent Too Faced collection, you can just repurchase your favorite blush once you've finished it in this palette.

Have you tried the Too Faced blushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment