Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - The Perfect Go-To Shades for Everyday


Alright, I know I'm really late reviewing this, but since Shoppers Drug Mart in my town has started carried Urban Decay and I've been able to redeem my points for free products, I've kind of gone overboard. By far, one of my favorite purchases of 2015 has been this Urban Decay Naked Basics palette.

This palette is usually described as being an all matte palette - but in fact, the Venus shade, the lightest, is shimmery (described at "demi-matte" by Sephora), and the perfect inner corner highlight. The rest of the shades are indeed completely matte. Youtuber Alanna Davison (one of my recent faves) has professed her love many times for the Naked 2 shade and I have to say I'm completely smitten with it as well. It's the perfect not too cool/not too warm crease shade and I've been using it a ton. Faint is a warmer mid-tone brown that's beautiful for deepening the crease. And Crave is a decent black - not amazing, and it has a bit of fall out, but still quite good. All these shades blend amazingly.

Excuse the powdery photo - this palette got a lot of love before I got around to photographing it.

In order, Venus, Foxy, W.O.S. Naked 2, Faint, Crave.

The packaging of this little gem is perfect - not too big, not too small and incredibly sturdy. Unless you absolutely need shimmery shades, this could easily be the perfect palette for traveling.

If you're looking at investing in a useful, easy to use, fool proof little palette, this one is amazing. And at less than $40 tax included, it does not break the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment