Monday, May 5, 2014

Herbal Essences Naked Line: Dry Shampoo Review

Today, I'm reviewing a new product from Herbal Essences' Naked line: their Paraben free dry shampoo.

While I'm mostly used to very powdery dry shampoos (my usual is the Batiste Brunette), this dry shampoo has a different consistency. It feels a lot more like a hairspray when you spritz it on your hair. After about a 30 second wait though, the familiar powdery feel is there.


The nice thing about this product is that even with my dark brown hair, I had a hard time seeing any powder residue. What is visible blends in like a dream. It doesn't make my hair feel soft like my Batiste dry shampoo, but rather more voluminous. This would be a great product to use if you wanted to give it a bit of grip for an updo. While it did make my hair feel cleaner, I'd almost rather use the product strictly for volume rather than as a dry shampoo. The high alcohol content in the product almost makes me think it cannot be that good for my hair. And unfortunately, the product smells like alcohol as well - a lot like a hairspray. While the scent is not that bad, I prefer my regular dry shampoo's powdery fresh smell.

Overall, I know I'll use this product when I'm looking of volume, or to put my freshly washed hair in a high bun, but I'll stick to my Batiste for dry shampoo uses.

*Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I've been wondering about this one, but you're right - the high alcohol content can't be a good thing. Does it feel drying at all? I guess I'll stick with Batiste for now.

    Marianna
    www.impressionblend.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it does feel a little drying actually, good point. Batiste is definitely my fave.

      Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
    2. Aww, too bad! At first glance this looked cool.

      Delete