Monday, June 3, 2013

My Inglot Surprise Experience - Shades 422, 376 and 402 Swatched & Reviewed

As some of you might have seen on my Instagram, a few weeks ago, I visited Quebec City and accidentally found an Inglot stand. For a beauty addict like me, you can imagine my excitement. I couldn't believe it! Inglot?! In Canada? My shopping companions were looking at me like "what's the big deal". It's okay that they didn't understand, because I knew you beauty lovers would! I tried not to go too crazy and picked three gorgeous colors out of their numerous options. I have to say though, that the lightest shade (#402) of this trio is one of my all time favorites.

For those of you who don't know, Inglot uses a freedom system where you can pick out how many shades you want and insert them into a palette, which is included in the price. The shadows are reasonably priced, and you can choose between square pans or round pans. The sales associate suggested I pick the square pans because there is more product in them than the round pans, but are the same price.  The packaging is sturdy and the top part, as well as the shadows/bottom of palette, is magnetic. I've read that it is hard to remove the pans from the packaging, but I had no problem prying them out gently with a butter knife.

Shades # 422, #376, #402. Excuse the smudge on #402. The packaging makes it really easy to accidentally touch the shadows with your fingers.

Swatched, #402, #376, #422

First off, the quality of these shadows are great. They are smooth and creamy, but do not create any fall out during application. They are also some of the longer lasting shadows I've ever tried on my oily lids. Shade #402 is my favorite of the three. It is absolutely gorgeous on its own - I don't even feel the need to add a crease shadow when I use it. Its effect reminds me a lot of MAC Woodwinked, but it is much cooler in tone. Shade #376 is a beautiful purply grey matte shade that blends wonderfully. Matte shades can sometimes create problems when blending due to their dryer texture, but when I swatched #376 at the Inglot booth, it was so smooth I knew I needed it. I love using this in the crease and outer corner to create a bit of smokiness. Shade #422 is a bronze shimmery color that can look green tinted in some lights. It's just as smooth as the other shades and is gorgeous when applied in the crease. Weirdly enough, these three shades really compliment each other - and I didn't necessarily pick them out to go together.

The three shades together - #402 all over and blended up to the crease, #422 in the outer crease, and #376 in the outer corner/outer lashline.

As you can see, #402 has a beautiful sheen on the lid. If you're picking up ANY Inglot shades, please pick up this one. You won't regret it!

After writing this review, I'm now regretting not picking up more shades! They are truly some of the best shadows I've worked with. They also get major points from me for being long lasting. And hey, if you're in Quebec, go check out the booth! The girls working there were really nice and helpful.

All and all, my first Inglot experience was great and I highly recommend you visit a booth (if you can!) to swatch these beautiful shades!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I so wish there was an Inglot close to me. I do have the shade 402 and it really is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You picked great neutrals :) I keep wanting to visit the mall up north because I think they have an Inglot stand...but I'll need some funds first, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful eye-shadows! I like that they will be fun and party cool in summer and chic and elegant in winter

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these shades on you! The few times I've visited an Inglot counter, I've been so overwhelmed by all the colors that I can never pick a few to leave with. I do hear often how great the quality is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I know, that almost happened to me! I get overwhelmed too! It's definitely worth taking a deep breath and concentrating on picking shades though! ;)

      Delete
  5. I lived in Poland for a while in 2005-2006, and it was the first time I came across the brand (which I believe is Poland-originated, no?). I bought a handful of shadows, but they were all mega bright and crazy and I've since swapped them away. But now Ingot has really come up in the world - it was kind of unknown back then - and I dearly wish I had them back, just because! These are great shades you've got here Annick, I hope I get a chance to try the brand again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are from Poland! So cool that you lived there! I didn't know the brand was so old though, how cool!

      Delete
  6. Great colour choices! I am so lucky to have an Inglot less than 15 minute (walk!) from my place, but I think I sort of take it for granted sometimes because of that. I think I will pull out my Inglot palettes tonight and use them this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! They are such good value for money! :)

      Delete