Thursday, June 27, 2013

Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip in 19C Pomegranate Pink - Review & Swatch!

Make Up For Ever is well known for making long lasting makeup. A lot of these long lasting products are waterproof, including this new shade of the Aqua Lip liner in 19C Pomegranate Pink. I've extensively used and tested Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes formula, and I have to say, the two are quite similar!


The Aqua Lip formula is just as creamy and long lasting as the Aqua Eyes liners. The Aqua lip applies smoothly with no pulling whatsoever. I find the fact that it is so creamy makes it really easy to line your lips in one smooth stroke. Since I already have pretty full lips, I'm not big on lining my lips every day and only use lip liner when I'm going out. This didn't stop me from wearing this liner as a lipstick. I was a bit worried that the liner might dry out my lips so I added a bit of balm underneath and had no problems. The color is gorgeous deep fuschia/berry shade, and it is incredibly pigmented. I actually wore it in this post on my fashion blog in case you're curious! It's a bright shade, not for the faint of heart!

Swatch on my hand in daylight.

If you wear lipliner on the daily, I highly suggest the Aqua Lip. The formula is amazing, and the liner is incredibly long lasting. I even tested it to see if it's as waterproof as the Aqua Eyes and it definitely is. It would not budge one bit with water and lots of rubbing. The only way I got this off was with an oily makeup remover! But be warned, it does leave a bit of a stain behind!

Hope this was helpful to you! Don't forget that Google Reader (and Google Friends Connect as well apparently) is going away on July 1st! Please follow me on Bloglovin' if you'd still like to receive updates from this blog!

* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment