Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Everyday neutrals with MAC, Rouge Bunny Rouge and my Z Palette

I thought it might be fun to do a quick post featuring my most used, day to day, eyeshadows!

Now, I'm not very adventurous with my lids. I like neutrals and taupes - in my opinion, there's no way to go wrong with them. And since I have blue eyes, brows tend to emphasize them so I tend to gravitate towards them.

From left to right, we've got: MAC Shroom, All That Glitters, Omega and Woodwinked, Rouge Bunny Rouge Bohemian Waxwing, MAC Satin Taupe, Bronze, Smut and Brun.


Once again, in the same order MAC Shroom, All That Glitters, Omega and Woodwinked, Rouge Bunny Rouge Bohemian Waxwing, MAC Satin Taupe, Bronze, Smut and Brun.

So overall pretty boring huh?

But at the same time, they are so simple to use. I often use All That Glitters all over my lid with Omega in the crease, and Brun on the lashline. More often than not, Brun is used on my brows, if I can't be bothered to use my Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector which is a tad more time consuming. Some of my favorite 1 step, all over lid colors are MAC's Satin Taupe and Rouge Bunny Rouge's Bohemian Waxing, which is a new addition. Woodwinked is also very flattering as an all over lid color, especially with a black winged gel liner. I keep going back to Bronze, Smut and Brun to add depth to my crease. Smut looks very muddy in the swatch, but it actually works well in the crease - it is actually more plummy than in the swatch. Shroom is my go-to to add brightness in my eye's inner corner.

So there you have it - my most used shadows, safely enclosed in my Z-Palette.

What are your most used shadows? Do you keep them together in a palette or separate?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Annick, this looks like a great basic palette! I don't have a Z-palette, but when possible I try to use the brand's palette (MAC or Bobbi Brown). You've inspired me to reach for my MAC palette tomorrow, which I haven't done in quite some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha MAC is always an on-off thing for me too!

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous neutrals xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love your palette, I wish I ordered a Z palette now. lol

    I love neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z Palettes are seriously awesome. I love how sturdy they are and how you can easily switch up the colors.

      I've ordered them from FTB beauty in Canada and they are awesome!

      Delete
  4. That an awesome palette. I have palette and separates. My fav is a german brand called Artdeco <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete