Saturday, July 16, 2011

Double Wear is often useful in 37 C (98.6 American) weather.

It has been SWELTERING here, in my small province, in CANADA. You'd think the one advantage of having a cold country is to have decently temperatured summers. But no, ours are usually really humid and warm. It makes my hair look stupid and my skin all sticky.

Lucky me, I've got some Double Wear Stay in Place Shadows by Estee Lauder, to keep my face decent looking. The two shades I own have been worth their while in the past couple of weeks, that's for sure.

Here's the shade called Antique Gold:


As you can see, the color is quite rewarding for women with blue eyes. Here I believe I'm wearing Antique Gold (under Two-Faced Shadow Insurance for a super hot day), Engraved MAC eyeliner and Revlon Grow Luscious Mascare (which I quite like). Yes, I trim my eyebrows and yes, they grow faster than I can keep up with them. No offense to my brows but, dude, you've always been weird. They have this cowlicky thing on the left one - nothing keeps it down.


Here's Vintage Violet which I think would be more suitable for brown/hazel/green eyed ladies.


And on me. As you can see, violets are not my best color. I wear them anyway.


The texture of these is excellent. They are extremely easy to blend, they do not dry out (in the pot, and when you try to blend them in) and I prefer them by a long run to MAC's Paint Pot for color payoff. They have a wide range of colors available including a very pretty silver, a midnight blue color and a mossy green. I highly recommend them, especially if you're the oily eyelids type just like me.

Luckily, the weather has eased up today so I'll be spending the day doing some cooking! I love having some time to myself like that - very rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment