Monday, February 13, 2012

Essie is Armed and Ready

Weirdly enough, I thought I had posted this polish review already - but I guess I have not!

Armed and Ready is part of Essie's Go Overboard collection for spring. I luckily scored it on Ebay before it was out in Canada. I haven't seen it out yet in my area but it shouldn't be too long.

I saw a swatch of this polish on another nail blog and knew I needed to have it. Why? Because of the beautiful subtle gold shimmer running through the polish. Plus, I was convinced that the army green color of the polish would make me feel tough. Did it?... Not really but I did think it was quite original.

Please forgive the shimmer on my ring finger. I was tempted by CND's Nail Effect in Gold Sparkle on top of this.



The shimmer running through is more subtle on the nail than in the bottle - that's a bit unfortunate. It's still visible in the sun (first picture shows it a bit) and doesn't take away from the beautiful green color. The polish itself was a bit runny but still gave good coverage with two coats.

I also wanted to add this photo of a imperfect fishtail braid I did on myself for work one day. I quite like the look of something that isn't perfect.


I've been keeping myself busy with work, cooking, painting and re-decorating my apartment! I've been cleaning the place out quite a bit, giving away clothing and shoes away. I'm excited to de-clutter! I keep re-thinking of ways to organize my things - it has been fun! I'm going to be working on a DYI project on a little shelf I have at home that needs some revamping - perhaps I'll post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment