Thursday, June 19, 2014

Empties, empties and more empties!


This is a big one folks, be prepared. I think this is maybe 6 months to a year worth of empties. I was de-cluttering the other day and thought it was grand time to do this post!

This may not look like a lot, but keep in mind that there are some products I've thrown out before adding to the "empties" pile. I usually just chuck mascaras, big shampoo bottles and face wash. So forgive me!


Let's get on with it shall we!

1. Redken Color Extend Shampoo - One of my staples. I usually buy a ton of this shampoo when the Christmas kits go on sale on boxing day and use them throughout the year. It smells delicious, and leaves my hair squeaky clean, while still being gentle on colored hair. Love!

2. Redken Color Extend Conditioner - Same as above. One of my favorite conditioners.

3. Aveeno Moisturizing Body Wash - One of my favorite body washes ever! Repurchased a few times since I used up this bottle. Super moisturizing, and the best part is the delicious scent! This is the Fig version, but the Lavender one is just as heavenly.

4. Tigi Bed Head Color Goddess Conditioner - I bought this because it smells like heavenly caramel, but I didn't really like the product. The conditioner weighed down my hair, and didn't untangle at all.

5. The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream - Love this stuff! Switched things up from my usual Hemp Hand Cream from The Body Shop, and I think I prefer this version. It sinks in a lot faster than the Hemp cream, and smells even better!

6. Bioderma - This needs no introduction. It's awesome, I love the product, but I'm using up other makeup removers at the moment. Once those are done, I'm bringing it back baby!

7. Avène Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser - I love this cleanser, and I've been using it for quite a while. It works great with my Clarisonic and even if it claims it's "soapless" it still does give a bit of a lather.

8. Beauty Secrets Pure Acetone - The name explains it - it's pure acetone for gel nail polish removal!

9. Batiste Brunette Dry Shampoo - Some of these Batiste dry shampoo smell disgusting, so I thought it was quite lucky that I love the scent of the brunette version! This brunette version is a LOT easier to blend in than the regular dry shampoo. I've repurchased this product many times.

10. Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser - I wouldn't really recommend this product. It's a bit drying (even on my oily skin) and uses up quickly. And I couldn't really use it effectively with my Clarisonic. So this was a bit of a dud.

11. Nuxe Creme Prodigieuse Normal to Combination Face Moisturizer - This is maybe my 3rd used up tube? After I used up this one, I moved on to my Vichy moisturizer, but I still love my Nuxe moisturizer.

12. Too Faced Shadow Insurance - This used to be my go-to shadow primer until I moved on to the Make Up For Ever Eye Prime. Great product - I just find the MUFE primer works a bit better.

13. Clinique Stay-Matte Foundation - I LOVE this foundation (reviewed here). I'm planning on repurchasing it again after the summer. It's the perfect match for my skin tone and keeps my oils controlled! A clear winner for me!

14. Anastasia Brow Whiz - Loved this product, but I replaced it with the less expensive and better Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows.

15. Clarins Be Long Mascara - I loved this mascara (reviewed here) but the high price point, and backlog in mascaras I wanted to try out prevented me from re-purchasing it. Great mascara though!

16. L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes - I don't even remember if I liked this or not - but I don't think I did. If I did I would have repurchased it! Haha!

17. The Body Shop Hemp Hand Scrub - This took foreeeeever to use up! And truthfully, it wasn't really all that great. I loved it at first, but - who really needs a hand scrub? The scrub beads kept getting stuck in my nails when I used it - ugh. This is discontinued anyway, so no re-purchases here!

18. CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara - I love this mascara! I'm already on my 3 tube I believe and it's quite good. Coats the lashes well, lasts all day, and removal is easy! A+

19. Aveeno Calming Body Wash - Love this body wash (see #3) but I think I do prefer the Fig scent over this one. If I had to choose. But I love both.

20. Estee Lauder Day Wear BB Cream - A staple in my daily routine, I especially like using this in the summer when I'm a little more tanned. Excellent product and I'm on my second repurchase. A little goes a LONG way with this!

21. Make Up For Ever Eye Prime - Love this product (reviewed here) and I'm on either my second or third repurchase. Read the review to see why I love it so much!

22. Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel - I actually really liked this product! While I thought it wasn't as effective on my face as other products I own for clearing acne (and it was a bit drying), I ended up using it to clear up body acne and it worked wonderfully!

23. The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream - Didn't really like this product. I barely used it and then it started smelling funky so I threw it out. Sad.

24. Nuxe Demaquillant 3 Roses - Wasn't too sure about this product at first, but the more I used it, the more I loved it! It takes a few swipes on a cotton pad to remove makeup, but it's such a gentle non-drying cleansing water that I forgive it for taking a bit more time to remove makeup. I could see this working really well on sensitive and dry skin.

Are you still with me? If not, I totally understand because this was the longest post ever! However, I'm pretty happy with the amount of products I've used up lately - this means less makeup is coming into my already sizeable stash, and that was my goal this year. Have you been using up a lot of products this year?

1 comment: