Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Need a berry gloss for fall? Look no further than Almay's Liquid Lip Balm in Just Plum Good

When the Almay Liquid Lip Balm hit the beauty blogosphere, I didn't think much of them. They were getting rave reviews, but lip glosses weren't really on my radar at that point, so I didn't bother to check them off in the store. But as the cooler weather rolls in, I'm been thinking more and more about fall colors, and more specifically, berry lips. I had pretty good justification buying a berry lip gloss - I have almost no berry lip colors in my collection. That's really weird coming from a beauty blogger/makeup addict, but I guess I just never gravitate towards those types of colors. However, when I swatched Almay's Just Plum Good on my hand at Shoppers Drug Mart, I was in love. The shade was exactly what I was looking for, and the formula seemed nice upon being swatched so I walked out with it. After a couple weeks of continuous use, here are my thoughts on it!

What I like the most about this gloss is that it's really really nourishing and moisturizing. I'm not sure I've ever used a lip gloss that has had the same effect on my lips (the Buxom glosses being the closest).


Swatched on my hand, picture taken in daylight.

When I say this lip gloss is moisturizing, I'm not kidding. It's as moisturizing, if not MORE than a lot of my lip conditioners. I might be the only one experiencing this with these lip glosses, but I'll sometimes apply Just Plum Good simply because my lips are dry. And they actually feel moisturized, not like there's a layer of goop on top of them! After having worn this lipgloss for a week, I didn't feel like it ever left my lips dry after wearing off. Some lip products seem to dry my lips after continuous use (YSL Glossy Stains for example) but it was not the case with Almay's Liquid Lip Balm.

Almay's Liquid Lip Balms' texture is just that - a liquid lip balm. I think the name of it describes the product accurately - it's not sticky like most conventional glosses, but does have a thicker texture like them, and it dries up to a balmy finish after a few hours on the lips. It's not terribly thin on the lips, but very comfortable. I love the texture and I can't really recall anything in my collection that has a similar finish other than maybe, maybe something like the Clinique Chubby sticks, although those a bit lighter in texture, and feel drier on the lips once they've worn off.

Another great thing about this gloss is that the color is amazing. It has quite a good amount of pigmentation and doesn't leave a streaky application which I find can be the case in some lip glosses. Just Plum Good is the perfect shade for my skin tone as plums that are too purple tend to make me look a bit ill. I also find it goes with any makeup - from almost bare skin to a light smokey eye!

This gloss has taken permanent residence in my handbag, and has since been joined by another shade (Apple a Day), and will I'm sure be joined by more (Cantaloupe Cream?). If you haven't checked these out yet, I highly recommend you do! If you're not usually a fan of glosses, don't let this put your off these. The texture is so different than all my other glosses, you might actually like the Almay Liquid Lip Balms.

Have you tried the Almay Liquid Lip Balms? Which shade should I try next?

5 comments:

  1. I was severely tempted by these and knew I'd have to pick up at least three or nothing. Resisted so far but now I can't! Thanks, Annick. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bright fuchsia one and I do like it! I just wish it lasted longer, but hey-it's gloss! This one is pretty for fall for sure!! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing! I like gloss, but I hate sticky ones. Will have to check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty shade. I haven't tried anything from Almay, and don't think I've seen it around either...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can vouch for the moisturizing benefits. This might be TMI, but I put one coat of this on chapped lips and they start peeling like crazy. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete