Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cheap taupe nails alert! Essence's Walk of Fame swatches and review!

I picked up Essence's nail polish in Walk of Fame for a whopping $1.49 a few months ago. Essence has been putting out quite modern colors for excellent price and value. And how exciting that Canada gets them too!


Walk of Fame was a bit thick in its formula and dried very fast, so application wasn't the smoothest I've ever used. However the wear time was quite good, and the color was very flattering on my skintone. It does dry darker than the color appears in the bottle, but that didn't bother me too much. It seems to be in the same family as OPI's You Don't Know Jacques, but I don't own it to compare. My ring finger was accented with glitter from Sally Hansen's Gem Crush polish in Big Money.

I've purchased great nail polishes lately and can't wait to share them with you!

Movie of the week: JCVD. I've been looking into classic action movies lately (partly in preparation for The Expendables) and JCVD was king of the black beast in the middle of this endeavor. It basically tells of the story of Jean-Claude Van Damme (as himself), a washed up action hero, who is caught in a situation which expects him to act like the action hero he so often depicts. Of course, Mr. JCVD is not the characters people expect him to be from his films, and has a hard time handling the situation. This movie was a heartfelt look at how cruel the Hollywood scene can be. It was truly a great movie, even if you don't have any attachment to Jean-Claude Van Damme as an action hero like my boyfriend does. Also, I want to marry Jean-Claude Van Damme. He has seriously given me a lot to think about with this movie.

8 comments:

  1. I love this colour, the small essence polishes are such great value and I really like the formula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Essence has totally helped my nail polish spending urges!

      Delete
  2. Lovely colour!!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster blog award :)

    emilyannbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No wai! That is so sweet thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  3. I am a big fan of taupe nail polish so it's nice to see such a great budget-friendly option. Loving the accent nail too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taupe is always classy in my opinion - I'm a big fan too :)

      Accent nails happen when I feel guilty for never using my glitter polishes! LOL

      Delete
  4. ahhhh i just freaked out about not having any glitter polish with me yesterday or something haha. I just painted my nails a turquoise shade and REALLY want a glitter accent nail! Anyways, yours looks quite pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell myself an accent glitter nail is an easy way to jazz up your mani without the full commitment of glitter removal after... ugh, it is the worst!

      Delete