Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A breath of fresh air with Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore

When I found out these had FINALLY arrived in Canada, I rushed THE DAY they were out to pick up a few shade. Unfortunately, the display at Walmart only had one tester, and after being chastised by the sales associate for "opening product" (which I didn't do, I tested the only tester available, thank you very much), I gave up on picking colors until I had seen swatches online. I left with a lonely Kissable Balm Stain in Adore.
The packaging is very sturdy. I totally expected this balm/stain to have a waxy feel to it but it does not at all. It's soft, smells lightly of mint, and has a light glossy look.
I'm actually really impressed with this product! The stain glides on very well and not patchy - plus it actually stains. I still had some stain on my lips after removing this product. Of course, I can only speak of the shade I picked, Adore, and not of the others. I heard the lighter colors do not stain so well.This reminds me very much of Clinique's Chubby Sticks, except with more pigmentation, a more pleasant smell/taste, and longer lasting. And cheaper! They are not particularly moisturizing, but they are also not drying to me either. Kind of in the middle which is fine by me. 

Swatched on my hand.

On my mug. 

My friend wasn't impressed with the color on me, calling it a "mom" color, but I'm personally quite impressed. I find it modern and autumnal. Plus, the undertones aren't mauve, but rather warm, and I find it flattering on my skintone. Mauve/fuchsia colors are usually not flattering on me, and since most of their range is sort of mauve, I don't see myself picking up too many of these. I really hope they come up with a wider range of shades.

I'm very happy with this drugstore purchase and have been wearing it for three days straight! For now, I can only speak for the Adore shade I've purchased, but if you're looking for a great fall shade, this is it.

Hope your week is going well! I myself have a cold or throat infection of some kind. Not fun, especially on a busy week!

3 comments:

  1. That colour really reminds me of autumn as well, I like it paired with that brown eye shades as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these, I have the bright ones (pink and orange) but just picked up Honey and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do? I swatched it on my hand and wasn't sure about it. Perhaps I'll see it on yer blog?!

      Delete