Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A (mini) Nuxe review

Not too long ago, I saw a Nuxe travel bag, with various sample sized Nuxe goodies in it at my local Shoppers Drug Mart. It was only $15 and was going to give me the chance to try out some of this coveted brand's products so I thought I should get it, just for fun. It turned out to be way more awesome that I had bargained for.


First off, Nuxe products have quite a strong scent, so before you purchase some of their items, I strongly suggest you take a sniff at them first, especially if you're sensitive to scents in general. I like it, but it did take me a few tries to get used to it.

The travel bag consisted of the following: 
- Crème Prodigieuse Normal Skin to Combination face moisturizer
- Rêve de Miel Hand and Nail Cream
- Huile Prodigieuse
- Rêve de Miel Face and Body Cleansing Gel
- Eau Démaquillante Micellaire


As you can see from the pictures, the Rêve de Miel Face and Body Wash has been completely used up. You can't tell from the picture but my hand cream and face cream are almost empty. This post is a long-winded way to say that I absolutely love each of these products. So much in fact, that the Crème Prodigieuse has been repurchased in its full size glory.

First off, I think I can honestly say that the Rêve de Miel face and body wash is the best face wash I've ever used. Once I'm done with my inferior Spectro-Jel and Cetaphil, this will be purchased, I guarantee you. This cleanser is strikes the perfect balance of a thorough cleanse without stripping my oily skin. It does have a slight foaming action (however, Nuxe claims this does not contain any soaps) and works wonderfully with my Clarisonic. Again, this is quite heavily scented, and in my opinion, it does take a point off this product. However, I did get used to it with time and I didn't necessarily like the smell to start with (I hate the smell of honey in general) but grew to really really like it. It's quite a comforting smell to me now! Even though this can be used on the body, I used it on my face only. I'd be curious to try is as a body wash though!


The Rêve de Miel Hand Cream is delicious - it's moisturizing, sinks in well, and it does not leave your hands feeling oily. However, again, this is quite heavily scented and I cannot use it at the office (my boss is sensitive to smells). I use it at home a lot tough. I don't think I'll repurchase this hand cream because I find the Almond Hand Cream from the Body Shop more moisturizing. Plus, I have about 50 tubes of various hand cream lying around the house - I have to use them! A 75ml tube retails for 17$.


I don't know if anyone has read the great review on Cafe Makeup about the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse? This is what influenced my to try this product but I wasn't sure I wanted the full size version, hence the trial size. Well after having tested it out for a month or so, it is prodigieux, to say the least. This thing is AMAZING, I kid you not. This soothes my freshly waxed or shaved legs, leaves my hair shiny, and soothes any dry skin patches. Amazing. It sinks in almost immediately, and you only need a tiny amount. I've used it at least 10 times and it hasn't made a dent in the bottle. If you have dry and uncomfortable skin, I think you would get a lot of use out of this product. I personally do not have dry skin and was still able to find many uses for it, namely for legs, hands and hair. This has the typical Nuxe smell but I find the Huile Prodigieuse less scented than the other products.Their 50ml retail for 26$ in Canada.

Finding a moisturizer when you have oily skin, as I'm sure some of you know, is a pain. The Crème Prodigieuse Anti-Fatigue Moisturizing face cream is honestly the first face cream I've ever though actually works with my skin. It's quite thick and creamy in consistency, but then it sinks in wonderfully on the skin, leaving your skin plump and moisturized, but matte in a natural finish sort of way. I really do kind of believe Nuxe's claim that it helps tired skin - I don't know what it is but my skin always feels fresh and awake when I put this on. I absolutely love it and, as mentioned, have already bought the full size version. Finally, a moisturizer that works! Again, this is quite scented, but it doesn't bother me, and the scent lingers for only a little while. I've tested the Normal to Combination skin Crème Prodigieuse, but they do make one for dry skin. A tube of 40ml is 32$ in Canada.

I haven't tested out the Eau Démaquillante Micellaire very much but so far so good - it takes off my makeup without much rubbing. However, I do like the fact that my Bioderma is unscented and takes off the very heaviest of makeup without much trouble. I'll probably only use this Eau Démaquillante for little to no makeup days where I just need refresher. It's very good - I'm just not as taken by this product as the other Nuxe goodies I've tested. The full size 200ml bottle of this is 22$ in Canada.

Damn Nuxe, you really know your stuff! My apologies for this long winded review, but in my honest blogger opinion, these products are amazing. If you're not sure where to venture with Nuxe, I'd suggest you try out the Huile Prodigieuse first as it has so many great uses.

I hope this was helpful in some way to you! I'm in the process of testing out a few other Nuxe products, including their famous Rêve de Miel balm. I haven't been disappointed yet by this brand... now if only they could lower their prices (significantly!) so that I can purchase all their products, that would be swell.

18 comments:

  1. Whee glad to hear you're enjoying NUXE products! I really love their lip balm, and will look into the oil once I'm done with the Caudalie one I'm using!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oil is excellent! Perhaps I'll look into the Caudalie oil once I'm done with the Nuxe ;)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I wouldn't mind having a tiny Huile Prodigieuse I could tote around...and you could refill it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And it's excellent for traveling! The only thing is that the bottle gets all greasy haha, it needs a washing once in a while!

      Delete
  3. What a great set to try. I was in the mood to search for Nuxe today, and saw your review! I love how you've detailed everything in the set; the creme prodigieuse face cream sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The set is a great introduction to the brand. I wish is was more widely available!

      Delete
  4. What a great buy! I've always wanted to try and found the lip balm for $8 on amazon and bought it! Can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh exciting! Let me know what you think of it! I haven't made up my mind yet on mine!

      Delete
  5. oh gosh! i need to buy that moisturizer for oily skin for my hubby!!! we've been trying to find a good moisturizer for him for years now, to no avail. i am so so so so glad you love all your Nuxe products and made this post! Short, sweet, but really helpful.

    If you want to try more Nuxe products, I strongly suggest the 3 Roses Tonique Lotion. It's OMG the best toner I've ever used! Super soothing, it's halfway between water consistency and serum consistency. Really helped heal my dry face. Hmmm, but then again, I have dehydrated skin, so I am not sure if the same 3 Roses toner will work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, the 3 Roses Tonique Lotion sounds amazing - I have oily skin but sometimes a moisturizer is too much - perhaps the Tonique Lotion could be my solution. I'll see if my local Nuxe supplier has it!

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy the body oil, love the smell. and their toner is quite nice, I hope to grab a sample of their face masks soon >.< thank you for the lovely review and: travel sizes are great, more brands should make travel bags :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Let me know how the face mask works if you decide to try it! I'm curious! :D

      Delete
  7. I absolutely agree with you on the Creme Prodigieuse and the Reve de Miel Cleansing Gel - tehse products are truly amazing and will be purchased full size :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! Someone else of my opinion! ;)

      Sadly, looking at my local Nuxe supplier, they don't carry the Cleansing Gel! So sad!

      Delete
  8. Really want to try the Nuxe face cream! love your blog *new follower* :) x


    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this review is VERY helpful! That's what i was looking for. i just ordered my nuxe oil:))) and about to buy hand cream too!!:)
    a new follower. definitely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about this dermokozmetik nuxe product! Going on my wish ♥ list now.

    ReplyDelete